Rima S. Bader, MD, Ph.D., ABP, FASE, FRCPCH, FACC
Dr. Rima S Bader currently holds the position of Professor of Pediatric and Perinatal cardiology at College of Medicine, King Abdul Aziz University Hospital. Jeddah, Saudi Arabia .
She is a graduate of King Abdul Aziz Medical school and had spent her pediatric and pediatric cardiology training at Children’s Hospital, Bonn, Germany. She subsequently underwent further fellowship training in Fetal Cardiology in Hospital for Sick children, University of Toronto, Canada . She did further fellowships in fetal imaging at Oregon Health and Science University, USA and in Fetal hemodynamics at the University of South Florida, USA. She is board member of the Saudi echocardiography society as well as Saudi Heart Failure Society. Her interests are in field pf fetal and perinatal cardiology.
Her desire to spread the awareness of close collaboration among multiple specialties looking after the pregnant mother thus forming (The Fetal Team). The fetal team is the perinatologists, neonatologists, perinatal cardiologists, neonatal intensive care, cardiac surgery, genetics, and social support services.
She wishes is to ensure that the Gulf region will lead in the field of Perinatal Cardiology as developing countries. Thus this can assist and create standards of care and guidelines specific to its regional needs, and pioneering the design of fetal intervention programs.
She is also the current President of the Fetal Gulf Heart association (FGHA)group. The first perinatal cardiology working group in the middle east.
1. Saudi Heart assoscaition award for organizing the international fetal cardiology workshops 2011
2. His excellency Saudi Minster of education 2013 award for publishing an international best selling book: The Perinatal cardialgy Hanbok, Mosby, Elsevier 2008
3. Her Excellency princess Adela Bint Abdullah award 2014 for outstanding accomplishments among Academic Saudi Women
Journal of the Saudi Heart Association
1. Hussein IR, Magbooli A, Huwait E, Chaudhary A, Bader RS, Gari M, Ashgan F, Alquaiti M, Abuzenadah A, AlQahtani Genome wide array-CGH and qPCR analysis for the identification of genome defects in Williams’ syndrome patients in Saudi Arabia. M.Mol Cytogenet. 2016 Aug 12;9:65. do
2. Bader RS, Punn R, Silverman NH.Evaluation of risk factors for prediction of outcome in fetal spectrum of atrioventricular septal defects.Congenit Heart Dis. 2014 Jul-Aug;9(4):286-93. doi: 10.1111/chd.12136. Epub 2013 Sep 19.
3. Bade RS, Hornberger LK, Huhta JC, The Perinatal Cardiology Handbook: Mobile Medicine Series, 1e 1st Edition Philadelphia: Mosby/Elsevier, ©2008 ISBN-13: 978-0323042062
4. Bader RS. Fetal Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF): an update. Egyptian Heart Journal Vol 12, No 1 June, 2008
5. Bader RS. Children with chest pain presenting to a pediatric cardiology service or emergency department in an academic Centre. Journal of the Saudi Heart Association, vol. 20, no. 1, January 2008