Khaled El-Atawi, MD, Ph.D., MSHM, M.Sc
Dr. Khaled graduated from Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, EGYPT 1989. He has M.Sc. in Pediatric, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, EGYPT. Thesis: Some Biochemical and Genetic Aspect of Poliomyelitis. Grade:Good, May 1994. He earned masters degree in Healthcare Management (MSHM), Royal College of Surgeon of Ireland at May 2009. In March 2014, Dr. Khaled got his PhD in Pediatrics, Ain Shams University, Cairo, EGYPT, thesis: High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation in Preterm Babies: Multi-Organ Affection.
He is working currently as a consultant neonatologist, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Latifa Hospital, DHA (DHA), Dubai, U.A.E., Since 11th March 2015 and acting consultant neonatologist, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Latifa Hospital, DHA (DHA), Dubai, U.A.E., Since 18th of November 2013 till 11th March 2015.
In addition, he is a lecturer in the Academic Department of Pediatrics, Dubai Medical College, 31st December 2011. Dubai Medical College (DMC) is committed to providing students with medical education to obtain an accredited degree of Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery in the UAE. The college is providing a learning environment, both inside and outside the classroom that sustains and promotes high levels of student achievement, consistent with the highest standards of academic excellence.
- Best Poster during 4th International Arab Neonatal Congress & 2nd Pediatric Update, 10th – 12th September 2015, Dubai, U.A.E., Implementing New Assessment Tool & Practice Guidelines for Pain Management in NICU
- Co-Author: Mrs. Manooja Mathew, Mrs. Elsy Jose, Dr. Tushar Kulkarni, Dr. Khaled El-Atawi, Dr. Mahmoud Elhalik & Mrs. Soosan Varughese. 4th International Arab Neonatal Congress & 2nd Pediatric Update, 10th – 12th September 2015, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Third best poster during 4th International Arab Neonatal Congress & 2nd Pediatric Update, 10th – 12th September 2015, Dubai, U.A.E., High Frequency Ventilation in Preterm Babies and Organ Affection
- Main Author: Dr. Khaled Mahmoud El-Atawi, Dr. Gamal Samy Aly, Dr. Hisham Abdel Samei Awad, Dr. Ahmed Fathy El-Serafi, Dr. Yasser Ahmed Zeitoun, Dr. Mahmoud Elhalik & Dr. Samar El-Maadawi. 4th International Arab Neonatal Congress & 2nd Pediatric Update, 10th – 12th September 2015, Dubai, U.A.E.
- Third Best Employee in subspecialties category in Dubai Government in the context of DGEP 2015.
- Best Employee in subspecialties category in Dubai Health Authority in the context of DGEP 2015.
- Best Poster Presentation during 3rd Arab Neonatal Congress and 1st MEMAP Update in Pediatrics, 12th – 14th of September 2014, Dubai, U.A.E. “Reducing Incidence and Severity of Intra-Ventricular Hemorrhage in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit” Using Quality Improvement Tool.
- Main Author: Dr. Khaled El-Atawi, Dr. Mahmoud Elhalik, Dr. Mohamed Rafi, CN Soosan Varughese, SN Manooja Mathew; NICU, Mrs. Thanooja Naushad, Rehabilitation Department, Latifa Hospital, DHA, Dubai, U.A.E.
- 1st Winner of Abstract during the 1st Arab Paediatric Medical Congress, 29th – 31st May 2014, Dubai, U.A.E. “Comparison of Ultrasound and X-ray in Determining the Position of Umbilical Venous Catheters”
- Neonatal Pain, El-Atawi K (2015) Editorial: Neonatal Pain. J Pediatr Neonatal Care 3(1): 00103. DOI: 10.15406/jpnc.2015.02.00103
- Role of Bedside Ultrasound in Determining the Position of Umbilical Venous Catheters, El-Maadawy SM, El-Atawi KM1, Elhalik MS1. J Clin Neonatol 2015; 4: 173-7 Departments of Radiology, and 1Pediatrics-Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Latifa Hospital, Dubai, UAE. http://www.jcnonweb.com/text.asp?2015/4/3/173/159878
- Neonatal assessment in the delivery room – Trial to Evaluate a Specified Type of Apgar (TEST-Apgar), Rüdiger et al. BMC Pediatrics (2015) 15:18
- (Mario Rüdiger1*, Nicole Braun1, Jacob Aranda2, Marta Aguar3, Renate Bergert1, Alica Bystricka4, Gabriel Dimitriou5, Khaled El-Atawi6, Sascha Ifflaender1, Philipp Jung7,Katarina Matasova8, Violeta Ojinaga9, Zita Petruskeviciene10, Claudia Roll11, Jens Schwindt12, Burkhard Simma13, Nanette Staal12, Gloria Valencia2, Maria Gabriela Vasconcellos14, Maie Veinla15, Máximo Vento3, Benedikt Weber16, Anke Wendt17, Sule Yigit18, Heinz Zotter19, Helmut Küster20 and The TEST-Apgar study-group)
- Al-Khayat A1, Koutouby A, Habibullah J, El-Atawi K., Neonatal systemic candidiasis. A 14-year review. Saudi Med J. 2004 Oct;25(10):1505-7
- Surgical Management of a Posterior Mediastinal Infantile Fibrosarcoma in a Newborn: J. of Egypt. Society of Cardiothorac. Surg. 1997, Vol. 5, April, N. 2.
- El-Gamal Y, El-Sawy M, Awad Z, Hossny E, El-Atawy K. Dermatoglyphics in children with paralytic poliomyelitis. Sci Med J Cai Med Synd 1995;7(1):97-112
Research (Under Publication)
- Late Preterm Babies; Outcome in Latifa Hospital
- High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation in Preterm Babies: Multi-Organ Affection