Hesham Tawakol, MD, BCh, MB, FAAP
Dr. Tawakol is working as a consultant neonatologist and director of Neonatal Fellowship Site and director of Family Medicine Residency Program, Corniche Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE. He was a consultant neonatologist at King Abdulaziz Medical City, National Guard Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Moreover, he was a clinical assistant professor of Pediatrics Lehigh Valley Hospital, Allentown, Pennsylvania. In addition, he was a clinical assistant professor of Pediatrics at New Hanover Regional Medical Center, University of North Carolina and AHEC Wilmington, North Carolina, USA.
Research Experience And Abstract Presentation
- Prenatal detection of Major Congenital Cardiac Abnormalities:
- do we really need fetal echocardiography?
- F.B.Jahangir, A.Mustafa, W.Lo, H.Tawakol, G.Ramanathan Corniche Hospital Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Dandy Walker Malformation and the Genetic link
- The UAE experience
- A.Mustafa, F. Jahangir, W.Lo, H.Tawakol, G.Ramanathan Corniche Hospital Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Perioperative course of pulmonary hypertension in infants with congenital diaphragmatic hernia: impact on outcome following successful repair.
- Al-Hathlol K1, Elmahdy H, Nawaz S, Ali I, Al-Saif S, Tawakol H, Tawil K.
- J Pediatr Surg. 2011 Apr;46(4):625-9
- Traumatic Facial Palsy in Newborns
- Is it Always Iatrogenic?
- Tawil, T.Rifae, H. Tawakol, Am J Perinatol. 2010 Oct;27(9):711-3. Epub 2010 Apr 12.
- National Guard Hospital Riyadh, KSA
- Effect of Prematurity and Sleeping Position on QT Indices
- Tawakol, M.B., B.Ch. – S. Fishberger, M.D. – A.Romano,M.D.- A.Steele, M.D.
- Abstract Presentation in AAP Meeting, San Francisco 2001 Schneider Children’s Hospital NS-LIJ Health System New Hyde Park, New York
- Site Co-investigator, Brain Cooling for the Treatment of Perinatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy
- Multi-center randomized controlled trial Schneider Children’s Hospital NS-LIJ Health System New Hyde Park, New York
- Site Co-investigator, The Early Tidal Versus Non
- Tidal Ventilation in Very Low Birth Weight Infants Multi-center randomized controlled trial
- Schneider Children’s Hospital NS-LIJ Health System New Hyde Park, New York