Ashraf Nabhan, MD, MB BCh, MSc, DHMA
Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University (2009-Current)
Director of the Egyptian Center for Evidence Based Medicine (ECEBM) (2011-Current)
Editor (Associate), Cochrane Pregnancy and Childbirth Group, Liverpool University, UK
Systematic Reviewer and Referee in the following Cochrane Review Groups: Pregnancy and Childbirth
Group, Menstrual Disorders & Subfertility Group, Epilepsy Group, Inflammatory Bowel Disease &
Functional Bowel Disorders Group, Injuries Group, Hepatobiliary Group, Eye and Vision Group, Skin
Group, Incontinence group, Heart group, Public Health Group
International Referee for the following top-tier journals International Journal of Gynecology and
Obstetrics (The Official Journal of the FIGO), Archives of Obstetrics and Gynecology, British Journal of
Obstetrics and Gynecology (BJOG) (The Official Journal of the Royal College of Obstetrics and
Gynecology), Maternal and Child Health Journal, BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, Therapeutics and Clinical
Risk Management Rater of Evidence at McMaster University
International Research Projects
- WHO, Geneva: 2016-Current: Regional coordinator of the WHO Global Sepsis Study
- UN Women: Principal Investigator: 2011-2013: Women and HIV, an Evidence Profile.
- WHO, EMRO: Principal Investigator: 2005-2006: Safety Climate survey of clinicians and managers in
- USAIDS: Principal Investigator: 2005: Patient Safety Concept survey of clinicians and managers in Primary
- USAIDS: Principal Investigator. 2003-2004: Household Survey of the Availability, Accessibility, Acceptability
and Affordability of Family Planning Methods in Slum Areas.
- USAIDS: Co-Investigator. 2002-2003: Maternal Health Needs Assessment in Urban Slum and Rural Areas.
John J. Sciarra Prize Paper Award 2008, International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics.